[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 86: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 86: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Yet Another Transfer Student [Sonoko, Ran, other Teitan High people] - Page 2
For your everyday needs provided by the government, e.g. police stations, fire departments, hospitals, doctors offices, public transits, museums, libraries and schools.

Yet Another Transfer Student [Sonoko, Ran, other Teitan High people]

Civilian

Postby Yuki Toshiro » 04 Nov 2015, 05:40pm

“Ah...yes, she can fight. She practices some sort of military martial art the American Marines use. MCMAP or something like that. A mixed martial art. She's a bit of a brawler if people pick a fight with her...but she's actually a good person, even if a bit rough around the edges. She usually fights for good reasons.” Toshiro said, before taking another bite and consuming it. He took that time to reminisce about the time some racer punk got a little too familiar with her and he wound up having to perform some first aid on the unlucky man.

“I wouldn't mind teaching you at all! I'm actually going to make a number of recipes when I get home after school anyway. I could always teach you those recipes along with this one!” Toshiro said, recalling the injured officer he'd be cooking some food for. Sato-keiji had been shot in the stomach, and he wanted to make sure the woman had some nice food available beyond the normal hospital fare. She would need something her recovering stomach could tolerate. Of course, they could easily make enough for this classmate to take some home as well. Toshiro then realized that the girl might not want to visit the home of someone she'd just met...

"Or I can bring in the recipes written down tomorrow. That's also an option."

Played By Ariel

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

High School Student

Civilian

Postby Suzuki Sonoko » 12 Jan 2016, 11:54am

The tiniest portions of his food were being quietly picked out by the heiress, but those little bits were gradually piling up until half of his food was gone. Sonoko knew that she'd get a slap on the wrist from Ran for being so selfish, but even she had to admit that it tasted too good to stop. That's right, she'd just blame it on him. It was his fault for making something so tasty, so he really shouldn't have offered to share if he wasn't expecting most of it to disappear.

She did stop, however, when she heard that the new student had a sister.

"Bister?" Her cheeks were filled with food, but she swallowed hard and leaned forward, "you have a sister?"

Something ignited in Sonoko's eyes when the teen offered to write down his recipes. Ran was an excellent cook on her own, and having those recipes would mean she could be spoiled with more food like this.

"She'll take 'em!"

Civilian

Postby Yuki Toshiro » 09 Mar 2016, 01:17pm

"A-ah. Certainly..." Toshiro said, surprised that Sonoko agreed for her classmate. The girl was eating a fair bit, but he had made the offer and it would be rude to limit her. It was nice to see someone able to act so honestly though. He was worried that he'd encounter superficial politeness. Ran was clearly polite, but it seemed to be a more honest and intrinsic kind from what little time he'd spent with her so far.

Considering himself fortunate to have gotten enough of the meal down to satisfy his hunger, he kept speaking to the pair. "...and yes I do, Suzuki-san, but my sister is four years older than I am. She isn't attending here. You're unlikely to see her unless she visits me or something." Memories of his elder sister riding up in her motorcycle to pick him up from school flashed through his memory, as did the reactions of his classmates. He hoped that she would refrain from doing such things if she did come to visit.

Played By MJ

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

High School Student

Civilian

Postby Mouri Ran » 27 Mar 2016, 08:37am

Ran nodded and couldn't deny that people who knew martial arts tend to get attention from those who liked to brawl and show off. If the new student's sister used what she knew for good, then Ran couldn't agree more. There was nothing she hated more than unnecessary violence.

"Military?" Could she be FBI? Ran got a little excited. Jodie-sensei herself was FBI. If Yuki's sister was part of the team, then maybe she knew her previous teacher. But if she was only four years older than Yuki-san, then maybe she wasn't FBI. It was still a little too young to join the force. "Is she planning to join the FBI or CIA when she's a little older?" she asked instead.

On the periphery of her vision, she was aware that Sonoko had been eating a little too much. Ran was ready to swat her hands away or at least reprimand her of her manners when her answer regarding the recipes surprised her.

"Sonoko!" she whisper-yelled at her best friend. It was embarassing! But she did want to know about the recipes. The meal was delicious, and it would certainly offer a change in her usual dinner menu at home. "Gomenasai, Yuki-san. You don't have to teach me all of the recipes. I'd understand if they were family secret. And you can give them to me either way. I don't have anything to do after school, if you prefer then I can walk with you home and let you teach me this recipe for today. You don't have to give everything at once."

And it would be perfect since Otou-san and Conan-kun wouldn't be home until 8PM. If she still had time, Ran could buy the groceries and attempt to make the meal for those two tonight. As for Sonoko... she could come along if she doesn't have anything to do after school, only Ran didn't want to be the one to invite her when she herself was just invading Yuki-san's home.

Civilian

Postby Yuki Toshiro » 14 Apr 2016, 04:10pm

"A-ah, she didn't learn to fight for a specific career. Our grandfather was an American naval officer at Okinawa before retiring, and taught us each skills that suited our personalities. There's a lot of overlap, but that's one of her unique talents like cooking seafood-based dishes is for me." Toshiro was getting a little embarrassed about opening up to such a degree. He forced himself to continue though, since he wouldn't make friends being overly withdrawn. "I don't necessarily see her going into law enforcement in a conventional way. She's a bit too free-spirited to fit into a normal command structure. She's like Dad in that regard."

He then heard Ran offer to come along and smiled gently. "Speaking of Dad, he works all kinds of odd jobs because of that freedom. Sometimes I'm alone at the apartment for days at a time, sometimes he randomly pops in and stays for a day or two, so I'd give...about 70% odds that he won't be home. You can both come if you like, as long as that's okay. The recipes aren't secret or anything. It's the Adaru Apartments in 3-chōme, south of Beika General Hospital." That particular apartment building was in the chōme directly east of and within walking distance of the Mouri Detective Agency, and was not much of a detour from the route to Sonoko's house.

"Oh, and fair warning if he's home...he might tease me for bringing home two girls after my first day of school, but he wouldn't really mean anything by it. He's actually been worried about how I'd do switching schools. Some fathers have some sort of obligation to be embarrassing to their kids though..." He decided to warn these two ahead of time to at least mitigate that embarrassing possibility.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Public Services”

Guest Fish Friendly • No Advertising • No Chat Speak