[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 86: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 86: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
An Unanticipated Visitor - Page 2
In need of a detective to consult with? Are you a potential client with a case that needs to be solved or perhaps a criminal? Feel free to visit a detective agency. High school detectives won't have their own agency.

An Unanticipated Visitor

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 27 Oct 2015, 10:45pm

When Ran-chan responded the way she did, Yukiko fully expected it. She knew Ran-chan enough to know that she wouldn't immediately accept a large sum of money from a complete stranger. That's what she admired about Ran-chan, as despite living with Kogoro-kun she didn't get his greed. She still liked Kogoro-kun as a friend, but after that incident when she and Eri-chan had to solve a case for him Yukiko knew not to trust Kogoro-kun with money!

"It's really not a problem," Fumiyo responded calmly. "My husband and I are wealthy. It's the least we can do, and I'm sure your father would appreciate it. But I wanted you to manage it. You don't have to use all of it, but a little extra cash usually comes in handy when you least expect it. We live overseas and we might not always be around to assist with Conan-chan. But if you insist, I can reduce the amount."

….And give the rest to Shin-chan! Yukiko inwardly thought mischievously.

Ran-chan's last remark about Shin-chan made her smile softly, briefly wondering if she should actually take her advice into consideration. It was especially true for Ran-chan's feelings concerning Eri-chan and Kogoro-kun. She briefly wondered if she ought to bring it up to Eri-chan in private?

Granted, she might not come as Fumiyo again anytime soon, but she could easily make arrangements with Subaru-san about coming more often. She knew that Shin-chan wanted them out of his fight, but she assisted him frequently with disguises—wouldn't it be more beneficial if she was around more often?

Yukiko pondered on the thought as Ran-chan departed, gently nodding.

"Alright. I'll prepare the car!" Fumiyo informed her, departing the Mouri Detective Agency and heading downstairs to the car.

Played By MJ

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

High School Student

Civilian

Postby Mouri Ran » 19 Nov 2015, 05:06am

As soon as the door to her bedroom closed, ran closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She couldn't believe what she just did. Had she been too bold with her guest? Had she stepped out of line with how she commented on family quality time? She didn't think so. At least she didn't mean any ill will with her words.

What's said was said and things are of the past now. Ran quickly grabbed her purse from a chair and inspected its contents: her wallet, keys, a few other things a girl might need, before she took the cellular device from her bedside table. Hurriedly sending a message to her father, who in no doubt wouldn't be seeing it until before he leaves his friends, she decided to send one to Conan-kun as well.

Conan-kun, your mother has dropped by and I will be leaving to join her for the rest of the afternoon. I hope you can join us before she leaves tonight for America.

There. Sent. Ran really hoped that the boy could at least have an early dinner with them.

Right after she made sure that she had everything she needed, Ran locked her door along with the front one before hurrying down the stairs to the second floor where she also locked the door to the agency after ensuring that Edogawa-san wasn't there anymore. Then she hurried down to the streets...

"I'm sorry for making you wait, Edogawa-san!" Ran said when she saw the woman waiting patiently inside a car. Wasting no more time, she walked around towards the passenger seat and opened the door to situate herself beside the driver. "I contacted otou-san to tell him I would be leaving with you, and then Conan-kun after to tell him the same along with an invitation for him to join us if he could." The sound of the seatbelt snapping into place followed.

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 18 Dec 2015, 05:18am

"Not a problem!" Fumiyo insisted, and when Ran-chan got into the vehicle Yukiko would start the car, but inwardly Yukiko attempted to remind herself to drive carefully. If there was one thing that she knew would immediately give herself away, it was her habit of reckless driving.

She really did wonder if Shin-chan would join them, but she highly doubted it. Shin-chan probably didn't want to see Fumiyo again, but she assumed it'd increase his curiosity enough to wonder what she was doing making another appearance. Fumiyo was after all, supposed to fade into the background after her first appearance and never heard from again. But with everything that's happened lately Yukiko felt a little reminder of her existence was needed.

"That reminds me, where would you like to go Ran-san? It's my treat!" Fortunately although the car was started, she hadn't pulled out of the parking space in front of the building of the Mouri Detective Agency. It provided them with an opportunity to make a decision.

"We can text Conan-chan the details later if he'd like to join us. My flight leaves tonight and I'm already packed, so I've got a couple of hours of free time."

Played By MJ

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

High School Student

Civilian

Postby Mouri Ran » 28 Dec 2015, 06:33am

Eh? She gets to decide where they were going? Ran would have told the lady that anywhere would be fine with her, but decided that Edogawa-san didn't really know the area very much to have a number of choice restaurants for tonight. Now, what place should she suggest? There were a couple diners in the area where she have been already with both Sonoko or Otou-san and Conan-kun, and they were familiar places with great food. But somehow tonight she figured she should take Edogawa-san somewhere else.

"If you don't mind quite a drive, Edogawa-san, I've heard of this newly opened place at the Haido Shopping Mall and my classmates gave amazing feedback with the place. They say that they serve buffet for dinner and that the desserts were the best in the city! And please, you don't have to pay for everything tonight." But Ran doubted she was going to win this round with Conan-kun's mother.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Detective Agencies”

Guest Fish Friendly • No Advertising • No Chat Speak