[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 86: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 86: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
A Fool's Project - Page 2
Threads that took place in Mysterious's previous game will be kept here. Players can still continue threads that occurred in Mysterious 1.0 and within reason, start new threads, while bearing in mind that the reset is the primary focus. Please note that threads that occur here DO NOT affect threads or relationships that transpire in the primary Role Play forum or "Major Events" forum. Please feel free to disregard this forum completely if you didn't play in the old game.

A Fool's Project

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 07 May 2014, 01:06am

When Yukiko realized that she had thrown the documents at Kaito, she looked through the car mirror baffled. Wasn't he just sitting up front? Oh well, that didn't matter right now. She was still furious at her so-called 'husband'.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK, KAITO-KUN?!" She growled. "I had to call him, and that jerk answered the phone like he would with PEOPLE HE DOESN'T KNOW! He KNOWS that I don't want to help him with any novel work, and I had to stay there longer than I had anticipated! I actually wonder if he even called beforehand or if he was expecting me to CALL HIM!"

Her grip on the wheel tightened in fury until she was forced to come to a stop at the light. Even when she was forced to stop the vehicle, it came to a smooth halt—a clear indication that Yukiko had not only been a reckless, but skilled driver behind the wheel. She attempted to breathe and ease herself, reminding herself that she had Kaito in the car.

Played By Allie

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

Kaitou KID

Criminal

Postby Kuroba Kaito » 07 May 2014, 08:31pm

Wait, wrong question.

Kaito winced at the yell, pursing his lips at the cars flashing by and heaving a shuddering breath when they finally came to a stop, and was surprised when she didn’t slam on the breakes like most usually did. He supposed he could let his guard down for now, Yukiko-san seemed like a good driver enough.

“Maybe he was busy?” Kaito ventured, not knowing if he should defend Yuusaku-san or agree with the hot headed woman’s rants. He didn’t know what to do. He eased himself back to the seat, flicking his eyes in the rearview mirror, clearly skitterish.

“It’s all over now, Yukiko-san, you got it over with- but you can give him an earful later if you need to, it sounds like he deserves it.”

Kaito said cautiously.

“But if you do, can you do it back home? I’m actually just a bit scared of your driving,” Kaito admitted, voice just a bit strained.

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 08 May 2014, 03:38am

"It's called a Caller ID, Kaito-kun! It only takes one second to check!" She retorted, huffing as she continued to drive. This time she obeyed the speed limit, but her grip on the wheel was incredibly tight. "Besides, our phones are blocked in America so that way we don't receive soliciting. Most calls we receive are legit, and for all Yuusaku knows, I could have been one of his editors harassing him about deadlines!"

"I've been having a hunch that that man's been cheating on me, you know. If he behaves this way while I'm over here, then I might as well divorce him!" She scoffed, reminding herself to breathe. "I'm not calling that jerk! In fact Kaito-kun, we can delay this project for as long as we need to—it's the perfect payback! It'll allow you to get situated in school, too!"

The positives in delaying the project outnumbered the consequences after all, Yukiko decided. It wasn't until she heard Kaito's last comment that she blinked in surprise.

"You're scared of my driving?" She laughed. "Kaito-kun, you haven't seen anything."

Played By Allie

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

Kaitou KID

Criminal

Postby Kuroba Kaito » 11 May 2014, 06:12pm

"Eh?"

Kaito said, surprised at the sudden mention of divorce and cheating. Was Yuusaku-san really that type of person? They had been married for more than 17 years, if Kudo Shinichi's age was any indication; would Yuusaku-san really cheat on her at this age?

It was possible but he doubted it, they both were prominent figures in media and a divorce would be a big catch for the tabloids.

"But if you say so, Yukiko-san,"

Kaito said wryly at Yukiko's mention of revenge- he wondered if this was an normal occurrence, this whole argument.

"And I don't mind the highspeeds as much as the fact I'd rather live to a ripe old age before going bye bye."

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 13 May 2014, 03:46am

Yukiko laughed at Kaito's remark. "Kaito-kun, you're in good hands! When things are about to get dangerous, I'll let you know!" She ensured him, reminiscing about how she was able to drive the car with two wheels on the highway to get to Golden Apple Broadway play.

"Conan-kun hangs around a couple of kids and they've experienced more—and survived—than you have!" She said, continuing to drive. "Anyway Kaito-kun, do you want to head back home then or grab some breakfast?"

Played By Allie

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

Kaitou KID

Criminal

Postby Kuroba Kaito » 13 May 2014, 12:22pm

Kaito joined in the laughter, albeit just a bit nervously; there was enough proof that Yukiko-san was a good driver, but they also hadn't been driving together long enough for evidence to the contrary to pop up. But if she had that good a handle on her driving to say that she would warn him when things got dicey, Kaito assumed he could relax a bit.

"It's still that early?" Kaito asked- perhaps the day had felt so long because he was used to getting up at later times or spending the day away at school- time flashed by quickly then.

"I would love some breakfast, if you don't mind, Yukiko-san. I didn't grab any before I left." Kaito laughed sheepishly.

"I'm starving!"

Last edited by Kuroba Kaito on 14 May 2014, 05:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 14 May 2014, 04:05am

"Yeah," Yukiko nodded her head. "It's only 9:55am, Kaito-kun. We left the house somewhere around 8:30am, I think. I wasn't paying too much attention to the time." She shrugged.

"Oh?" Yukiko was surprised at his response. "I was under the impression that you had been up for quite awhile! Did I wake you up with my text message, then?"

If that was the case, Yukiko didn't mean it. She wasn't in a rush to get Yuusaku's stuff done, anyway—for all she cared, it could have been on the backburner of her list of stuff to do. The only one who it concerned was Kaito, and she wasn't even sure when he was supposed to be sent back to Ekoda or when Chikage was returning from Paris. Maybe she better give her a call?

"Well, alright. There's a place nearby that we can check out." Yukiko suggested, and began to head towards the restaurant's direction.

Played By Allie

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

Kaitou KID

Criminal

Postby Kuroba Kaito » 14 May 2014, 05:49pm

"Mm, yeah, sorta. I woke up around 7:40, you texted me a few minutes after that."

He hadn't turned off the alarm that usually woke him on time for his school days, but he had thought it didn't matter as he knew they would be going out early the next day anyway. Yukiko-san's text just proved that when she sent one around 8'o clock.

Hadn't she said they were going to grab a bite to eat after this, anyway? It seemed like she had forgotten.

"Okay then,"

Kaito said, as the car headed towards their destination. Oh. Wait.

"What kind of restaurant is it, Yukiko-san?"

Kaito asked- he hoped there wasn't any fish.

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 17 May 2014, 03:24am

"Oh," Yukiko frowned. Well, that was a disappointment.

"They have a little bit of everything," Yukiko replied, keeping her eye on the road. "I'm not sure what you like or don't like, so maybe you might find something appealing on the menu."

It took some time, but they finally arrived at the restaurant.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Historical Mysterious”

Guest Fish Friendly • No Advertising • No Chat Speak