[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 86: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php on line 86: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
The Melancholy of Spring - Page 3
Threads that took place in Mysterious's previous game will be kept here. Players can still continue threads that occurred in Mysterious 1.0 and within reason, start new threads, while bearing in mind that the reset is the primary focus. Please note that threads that occur here DO NOT affect threads or relationships that transpire in the primary Role Play forum or "Major Events" forum. Please feel free to disregard this forum completely if you didn't play in the old game.

The Melancholy of Spring

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 13 May 2014, 09:47pm

"I don't think it would take that long," Yukiko began. "Heiji-kun, aren't there loudspeakers throughout the park? If we can find out this man's name or describe him, then it might be possible to ask whoever knows them through the loudspeakers to come to this location. And even if there aren't, I don't think it'd be too difficult for the police to use a similar method."

When Yukiko observed Heiji greet the police, she smiled and laughed at her own son's reaction. "Looks like you've got your work cut out for you, Shin-chan," Yukiko grinned. It was Heiji's remark that startled her though, as she hadn't really considered that.

"Everything is Yuusaku's fault!" Yukiko insisted. "If he hadn't taken him to crime scenes when he was a child, maybe he wouldn't be where he is now. I'm innocent in all of this!" She huffed and pouted. Why was he pinpointing the blame on her, when she wasn't even a detective—she just liked to pretend she was one every once in awhile!

Played By Ven

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

High School Detective

Detective

Postby Hattori Heiji » 13 May 2014, 11:21pm

Heiji did listen closely and heard the loud speakers being used. They had to be careful though because the murderer might try to hide the fact that they knew the victim. That's what the writing test was for to weed out any suspicious people.

Heiji chuckled at the other two's reaction. They had quickly shifted the blame off of themselves. It was sort of cute how the two were really alike. Despite Kudo's protests he really was like his Mother.

"Chau chau, don't get so defensive!" Heiji teased with a chuckle in his voice as he waved his hand dismissively. "Ya two sure do act the same though! Can tell ya that ya two are related."

He didn't want to point out how the two reacted to what he said. After all Kudo was a detective he should be able to figure out just how the two acted the same. He chuckled a little bit and wanted to see how the two would react to one another.

After a few moment he heard footsteps, not just a pair but multiple it seemed the Detective had found some suspects. All three of them were female. Heiji quirked his eyebrow at this. So it might have been more personal then Heiji thought. A jilted love possibly?

The Detective cleared his throat and introduced the women behind him, reading from his notebook.

"They say the victim is Yamauchi Katashi, age thirty three. The three behind me have all been his girlfriend at one point. We have Hisakawa Izumi age thirty four. Tachibana Misaki is next and is thirty two years old and finally Oshrio Kaori age thirty."

Heiji nodded and looked at the women then back to the detective.

"Did ya ask for alibi's yet?" he asked but the detective shook his head which made Heiji's attention go back to the women.

"Then allow me, What were ya three doin the past hour n a half?"
"Osaka-ben is perfectly fine japanese."

Edogawa Conan

Postby Edogawa Conan » 14 May 2014, 12:41am

Conan raised an eyebrow at his mother's sudden declaration of the guilt belonging to his father. If it's dad's fault for taking me to crime scenes, then it's your fault for not trying harder to stop him, he thought as he wisely kept his mouth shut. He didn't need to give her further reason to be upset, after all.

And it wasn't like he resented his father for bringing him to so many crime scenes as a kid the first time around -- it was what helped shape him into who he was currently.

Then Hattori started laughing and making weird statements. "What do you mean, 'we're the same'?" Conan asked, narrowing his eyes. "We aren't alike at all!" Actress, detective. They really could not be further apart, even when taking their personalities into question. He had absolutely no idea what the Osakan was going on about.

He shook his head and turned to face the three suspects as they all arrived. Interestingly, they were all female. Already Conan could hear the gears begin to turn as the long list of motives greatly narrowed down to the single digits.

Oshiro Kaori was first. "I was using the restroom," she said quickly, her eyes darting around.

"For how long, Onee-san?" Conan chirped, activating his innocent child mode.

The woman shrugged. "I'm... not sure. I wasn't feeling very well, so I was in there for quite a while." Her face flushed in embarrassment, but Conan could see that her pale skin didn't seem to be natural -- it was as if she was sickly. Alibi could probably check out, he figured. Though it was awfully convenient.

Tachibana Misaki was next. "I was playing a game at a booth at the other side of the festival," she shrugged. "You can ask the guy who ran the thing -- I was there, trying to win a prize for my new lover. The one that deserves me, unlike Katashi."

Finally, Hisakawa Izumi. "Same as her," she jerked her thumb towards Tachibana. "I was playing a shooting game at a stall not too far from here. You can ask the person who was in charge."

"Onee-san," Conan tugged at the bottom of Oshiro's shirt, catching her attention. "Was there anyone around who can verify that you were in the bathroom that long? Maybe a friend, or family member?"

Oshiro shook her head slowly. "N-No, I came alone. I don't think anyone besides me can say how long I was in there."

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 15 May 2014, 01:19am

"I agree with Shin-chan, we're nothing alike!" She huffed, turned her head away for a brief moment until she looked down at her son with a dubious look. Was it even possible that they were similar? No way.

She was thankful that Shinichi was unaware of the fact that when she and Yuusaku dated, she used to make Yuusaku find their dating spot by providing him with clues and sometimes lead him on a wild goose chase for fun. She wondered if he would ever let it go if he knew.

When the questioning began, Yukiko observed for a little while as they engaged in their work once again.

"Did all of you come together with Yamauchi-san?" Yukiko asked, tilting her head. It was odd that the three of the victim's ex-girlfriends had attended the festival around the same time.

"We didn't," Izumi confirmed.

Edogawa Conan

Postby Edogawa Conan » 22 May 2014, 01:13am

"That's kinda strange: a man with three ex-girlfriends all coming to the same festival on the same day around the same time, and none of them came together? That's weird, isn't it?" He turned to his mother, all wide-eyed in childish innocence.

But so far, it seemed that Oshiro was the only one without an alibi. At least, not one that could be easily confirmed, as there were no witnesses.

Just to make sure, however...

"Why don't we go see about the other two Onee-sans? See if their alibis check out," he smiled, folding his hands behind him and bouncing on his feet. If his mother or Hattori laughed, he would exact appropriate revenge on them later. "Where did you say the stalls you were playing games at were, again?"

Izumi was the first to respond. "Mine's probably closer, since you said that yours was at the other side of the festival," she nodded her head towards Tachibana. "We'll check it out in order."

"Also," Conan tugged at Tachibana's skirt, catching the woman's attention. "Didn't you say that you were trying to win a prize for your lover? Where is he? He must be here, right?"

"Uh, yeah," Tachibana laughed nervously. "He said his stomach started to hurt and that he wasn't feeling very well though, so he went to the bathroom just a bit before I got called over here. Oh, shoot! I should text him! He might be out looking for me right now!" Hurriedly she dug through her purse in search of her cell phone.

Izumi stared at the woman for a moment before shrugging and turning to lead the group to where she had played her game.

Played By Ven

17 years
Japanese
Present Era

High School Detective

Detective

Postby Hattori Heiji » 24 May 2014, 12:35am

Heiji had been listening to the suspects alibis and most of them were not very solid at best. He did have to turn away when Kudo went into "cute-mode" or whatever the guy called it. It was sort of funny but slightly humiliating as well. The guy was his age for heaven's sake! Of course, no one else knew that but it was just hard for Heiji to see past the kid size anymore. He shook his head of such thoughts and began following everyone towards the stalls. His ears open to listen to anything interesting.

When they finally reached a shooting game stall the officer asked the owner if they remember seeing Izumi and at what time. Heiji's eyebrow quirked when the owner said he never had Izumi at the stall. The woman did look generally confused for a moment when that happened.

"Maybe the stall was further down then I had thought." She said pointing down the pathway. So they continued on their way a good ways from the crime scene to another stall.

"Oh yes I remember her." the owner said when the officer asked once more if the old man remembered seeing Izumi there.

"Do ya know what time ya saw her old man?" Heiji asked.

The man pondered this for a moment but shook his head.

"I don't. I forgot my wrist watch today but didn't go home to get it because I didn't think it would be that important." he replied making Heiji sigh.

"Well it's sort of helpful." Heiji muttered. "a shaky alibi can point to the culprit. Don'tcha think Kudo?"
"Osaka-ben is perfectly fine japanese."

Edogawa Conan

Postby Edogawa Conan » 24 May 2014, 11:18pm

Conan's eyebrows raised as the woman, Izumi, led them to a booth where the owner claimed to have not seen her. But they were led further down to another booth where the owner had indeed recognized her upon sight. He couldn't tell them the time he had seen her, however, and Conan sighed upon realizing that Izumi's alibi was just as shaky as Oshiro's.

"I guess," the child shrugged at the Osakan's words. "But if more than one alibi is shaky, then it gets more complicated." He turned to Tachibana, who had finished texting her boyfriend. "Let's go to where this Onee-san was playing at!"

"R-right," the woman muttered, putting her phone back into her purse. "Apparently my boyfriend's still in the bathroom -- poor guy, must've eaten something that didn't agree with him." She laughed nervously. "I'll take you all there now."

They moved away from the booth to make their way to the other all the way at the other side of the festival. As they walked, Conan tugged on Oshiro's jacket to get the woman's attention. "Hey, Onee-san... why did Yamauchi-san break up with you?"

It was a pretty insensitive question, even he had to admit, but with his child body he could get away with practically anything.

"Oh, um..." Oshiro looked off to the side. "He wasn't happy with my looks, apparently." She mumbled something under her breath that Conan just barely caught the tail end of. "... too big, huh...? Not like these women are any smaller..."

"How about you, Onee-san?" Filing Oshiro's comment away for now, he turned to Izumi. "Why did you break up with him?"

"Well, I found out he was cheating on me. So of course I broke it off with him as soon as I found out!"

"Hey, wait a minute!" Oshiro frowned. "You asked why he broke up with me, yet you asked her why she broke up with him?"

Oh shit. "I-I didn't mean to!" Conan raised his hands up in the air in a placating gesture. "I didn't know it mattered!"

"Like hell you did, you little brat!" The seemingly nice yet nervous woman from before suddenly seemed very large and intimidating as she held up her purse threateningly. "Do I need to beat some sensitivity into you?"

"O-Okaa-san!" Conan yelped and ran to his mother's side, hiding behind her legs.

Played By Vicky

37 years
Japanese
Dual Era

Retired Actress

Civilian

Postby Kudo Yukiko » 28 May 2014, 05:34am

"Yeah it is! It's almost like these three were spying." Yukiko nodded in agreement. However, when Shinichi said onee-san, Yukiko giggled. The thought of her son acting cute intentionally unless it was under the pressure of her petrifying glare really seemed unreal.

She listened as the two engaged in questioning the suspects, but Yukiko still found all of their appearances at the festival odd. She briefly wondered the possibility of them lying.

It was the question of the break up that made Yukiko slap her forehead.

That's a bit sensitive, Shin-chan! Yukiko thought, and her words were only proven correct when her son screwed up. When Shinichi ran behind her, Yukiko glanced down at him with a 'you owe me for this' look.

"Miss," Yukiko glanced towards the enraged female. "Harm my son, and I will be able to sue you for a rather large sum. Do you know the name Kisaki Eri-chan by any chance?" She smiled. "While I'm in Japan, Eri is a dear friend of mine and I can easily request her to become my lawyer in a case. She never loses. Think carefully of what you're about to do. Not only are you the suspect of a murder case, but if you are proven to be the culprit...and engage in child abuse...I don't think I want to be you."

"Now if you can do us a favor by answering the rest of my son's questions and Heiji-kun's without a fuss, we'd be grateful."

Edogawa Conan

Postby Edogawa Conan » 28 May 2014, 05:33pm

Conan wrapped his arms around his mother's leg for good measure -- he hated having to act like such a kid in front of people he knew and people he didn't know, but it did well to help keep his cover up. Not like any Black Org agents would be hiding here, of all places, he thought blandly, his eyes scanning the area suspiciously.

"O-oh," Oshiro immediately backed down, hiding her purse behind her back. "I... I didn't mean it, really," she laughed nervously. "It was just a joke! Right, little boy?"

Conan sniffed, still hiding behind his mother. Right. Not asking that woman any more personal questions. Hattori or his mother could deal with her if needed.

"Hey, boy, if it's important, I'll answer it without a fuss," Tachibana laughed. She sounds like a witch, Conan thought to himself. Of course, he would never say something like that out loud -- even he knew better. "If you're curious, Yamauchi and I aren't together anymore simply because I broke it off. I thought that maybe we were getting a little too dependent on each other, so I figured that we could use a little break. But then of course when I was about to propose getting back together, he started going out with some other sleazy chick," she scoffed. "So forget that."

"Thank you, Onee-san..."

So all three had possible motives: Oshiro could have been so angry over his comments about her physical appearance that it would drive her to murder (a very stupid reason even as stupid motives went, but it couldn't be disregarded -- he'd heard crazier ones), Izumi was upset over the cheating, and Tachibana had similar reason.

Conan ran the possibilities through his mind. Oshiro's alibi was not able to be proven. Izumi had a more firm one, but with the lack of a solid time, it was still shaky. And Tachibana's was still under future judgement.

"We're here!" Tachibana said suddenly, and Conan stopped to see what kind of game stall they were at. It was one of those tossing games, where the player would be given up to three rings and thus had three chances to get it around a glass bottle. "I was playing here when my boyfriend's stomach started to hurt."

"Excuse me, Oji-san!" Conan maneuvered around his mother's body to tap on the stand. "Do you recognize this woman?"

"Hm? Yes, I do! Why do you ask?" The man smiled down at him.

"Do you know what time it was, and was she with a man she seemed really familiar with?" He had to prove the boyfriend even existed, after all.

The man pondered for a moment before nodded. "It was around an hour and a half ago, and she was holding hands and laughing with a young fellow. Poor man, though -- he suddenly started to look very sick and quickly excused himself to run off somewhere."

"That was around when his stomach started to hurt," Tachibana confirmed.

Conan nodded, beaming up at the man. "Thank you, Oji-san!" He turned away and put his chin in his hand. So she was here around the time of the murder, the man remembered her boyfriend and even mentioned what happened to him without prompt... Tachibana's alibi checks out.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Historical Mysterious”

Guest Fish Friendly • No Advertising • No Chat Speak